New Barn and visiting Kira

Monday, February 23, 2009

We Cantered!

I know, I know, it isn't really that exciting for most people but for Duck and I it is! We cantered! And it was nice (no inclination of bucking or ears back) for about 3 strides. We did lots of transitions and did 2-3 canter strides as part of them. We've had such an issue with her bucking, refusing to canter etc. I am pretty sure it is the shimming of the saddle.
Riding her canter is a different story! It is SO different from Kira. Her stride feels HUGE and it moves you very up and down! It is going to take me quite awhile to get used to it! 

But I am happy! This is great progress for us!

I've also still been playing with the cloverleaf pattern, to which now she knows that "X" in the middle is for stopping so she stops without me asking. But we'll keep playing with it!

1 comment:

keri said...

whooohooo! That is great!!! Isn't it cool how something so small can make your whole day. Every time I would ride my horse and she would be great I would be happy all day long. Just makes you want to hug them all day!!!