New Barn and visiting Kira

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movie Night and Play Day!

Friday I hosted a Parelli movie night. It was so much fun! I love getting to know people that also share my passion for Parelli and horses. I had a good turn out including quite a few people that I hadn't ever met which was great! We enjoyed some good food (my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ended up being the favorite), watched the latest savvy club DVD and talked. Mostly we talked! It was just great to get to know some fellow savvy horse people! And I am going to try and keep it going more often than once every 6 months!

Then Saturday we did a playdate at our barn. There are 4 other Parelli students at Sundance now besides myself! Yeah! I am not the lone orange stick anymore! It is great to have like minded people around! I set up a weave pattern, figure 8, tarp, jumps, ground poles, and even the blue exercise ball.  Liz even hooked up her trailer for trailer loading practice! (Duck and I need all the practice we can get!)

Christian and Aricin even came over and played with Buddy the pony for awhile! And then Christian came back again to play with Buddy! He like leading him over "jumps" (ground poles)
Buddy is one smart pony. Catches on quite quickly and seemed to be enjoying mostly everything except when I interrupted his pattern of dragging Christian on the end of the leadrope. But he is smart and catching on quickly!

Duck and I need to play more with the tarp! And bikes. I need to have my kids come ride their bikes so Duck and I can follow them. She is quite scared of the bikes, and tarps! In Illinois I remember doing quite a bit with the tarp, but either it's been too long or I didn't do as much as I remember. Anyway it gives me another thing to play with as Liz left her gigantic tarp in her trailer for me to use! :) I want to get her comfortable enough to wear the tarp confidently. Another goal!

It was so much fun and hopefully I'll be able to meet up again with people this week. 

What an awesome weekend! And next time I'll try and remember to take some pictures but this time I was way too busy either helping people or my kids, or doing stuff with Duck!


No comments: