New Barn and visiting Kira

Saturday, February 14, 2009

More of the same + Buddy!

Duck and I are just really still playing with the trailer etc. I have ridden once bareback since my last post but it wasn't for very long! 

Duck doesn't have any issue walking right into the trailer now when there is grain in there! All the way. She is even getting more confident about me rattling the divider. The butt bar she is getting better but still has to come out occasionally. 

On Friday we also played friendly game with the bike. Christian was kind enough to ride his bike around. Duck is deathly afraid of the bike. She is getting better but this one will definitely take some more time! At least she isn't going all the way to the end of the rope and pulling on me when he rides by now. Now it is just a couple steps!

Christian has recently been coming to the barn with me to play with Buddy the pony. He has really been enjoying his time with Buddy, and he is responding really well so far. The first day he was dragging Christian all over (he has a bit of a pulling people around to do what he wants which is usually grazing) but today (just 2 short sessions later) Christian can lead the food hungry monster through the grass with hardly any issues. On his back is a different story but I am sure that he'll get even more responsive! He seems to be enjoying his play time. Little LBE!

As a side note Christian took all the pictures of Duck and I on Friday that are posted. I thought he did pretty well!

No comments: