New Barn and visiting Kira

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Duck is officially a Wuss!

So all day Saturday and Sunday it was raining pretty hard and temps in the 30's. So the horses were all in their stalls. So I grazed Duck in the rain on Saturday so she could get some outside time (and played a little) and then Sunday when I was working the rain let up around 11:30 when I was leaving from the morning shift so I decided to kick her out until 3pm when I would be back to feed for the afternoon.

My horse is a WUSS! She has now been stalled for almost a year (usually only in bad weather) and now she can't even stand 2 hours of cold rain. YIKES! My horse from Illinois where it is -20 can't stand a cold NC rainstorm for 2 hours! She was shivering up a storm and extremely eager to get back into her stall! WOW! Well I am guessing that I WILL need a blanket after all just in case!

Too funny! The thought did cross my mind though that it may be the combination that she is already shedding her winter coat and she doesn't have much of a winter coat anyway. She was much, much fuzzier in Illinois.




No comments: