New Barn and visiting Kira

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Duck the escapee


Yesterday I went to the barn to ride with the kids in tow (didn't work out so well) and the barn workers told me Duck had too much to eat. Come to find out she had escaped fro her turn out pen to graze in the hayfield. (hmm, not food motivated at all huh?) She was out for about 3 hours.

Today I went to the barn to clean as I usually do on Thursdays and my horse was in her pen. On my way out my horse wasn't in her pen! Yep out again! I guess it is because for some reason the fences aren't electrified right now and there are just 2 tapes that keep them in.

So in the picture you can kind of tell she is out. If you look to the back fence you can see how she got out! Thankfully she isn't a wanderer! I was hoping to get a picture of her in the hayfield but she moved closer to Kay by the time I got back from the house getting my camera!

As for the ride Wednesday we played a little at liberty (but I wasn't as prepared as I should have been ) then rode practicing downward transitions off my seat using cones as a visual marker. Duck was pretty distracted with the beagles running in the rabbit field! But we played with it to the right walk/halt and trot/halt. Next time we'll go left.


No comments: