New Barn and visiting Kira

Friday, December 5, 2008

We passed Level 2!!!!!!!!!

Ok here it is! Our 7 games in 7 minutes at Liberty that I sent in that passed us off for level 2! I am SO happy right now! Carol Coppinger called me yesterday with the good news! We just had this task and the transitions on the circling game left (which I also sent in) since Kira went back to Utah almost 2 years ago. So it has been forever, me trying to get Duck to even close the level Kira and I were at. I know this video isn't the greatest resolution but I couldn't get the file small enough any other way. (I need more computer savvy!)
We also got a stick to me at a canter! Not on the video but it still was way cool!
Carol even noted what a complicated dominant mare I have...
Hmmm, what did I get myself into? 
Just kidding I really love Duck and we've come a long way already. Someday when I have a bit of time I will have to post our liberty video that I sent Carol for help in September, then you'd really see the improvement! I know I did!
What did I really learn through all this? It's not about the .... level!
Even Carol said all her students were going right-brained trying to get everything done before the switch over of the assessments to the new audition process January 1st.
Anyway a simple 7 games but fun stuff. Liberty has always been one of the things that has me totally enthralled and when it goes well it is one of the best feelings ever! 
Moving on to one of my next goals that I have had forever (like since I was 12) to ride bridle-less. Ambitious, yep! I know we are nowhere near that but I am looking forward to the process!
Of course we will still be playing in level 2 for awhile but it still feels good to say I am a level 3 student now...



3 comments:

Mesa said...

Congrat's Lisa!!! You two look like you've got some great communication going on. Duck sure loves to be with you! I'm so glad you have her, she's a lucky girl to have a level 3 student to play with. Thanks for the video, you both look great. Makes me miss both of you though!

Karissa said...

Yipee!!!!!! I told you that you could do it!!!!
Love your sis.

Karissa said...

One more thing, Duck looks great in your video. She looks very happy.