New Barn and visiting Kira

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Trailering play and more patterns

Ok it has been foggy/misty/raining here since Sunday! YUCK! So it is REALLY muddy at the barn. I haven't been able to do too much because the footing is pretty slick but we did play with the trailer the other day. She will stay in for a bit and then come out. As long as the divider is to the side on the 2 horse. So progress! When it gets nicer I will try the bigger trailer again. One reason I don't like ramps is they are slick. Especially when wet!

I got Duck out yesterday and I didn't want to go in her really muddy pen to get her so I decided to let her out. The last few times she's followed me. Not today! She made a beeline for the grass  (the opposite direction I wanted her to go). I was actually worried I wouldn't be able to catch her! LOL But she did let me catch her and I let her graze for awhile. We played some sideways and backing up. Then with the bareback pad I hopped on (from the back of my van) and we played follow the rail along the pasture fences all the way to the arena. I did trot her in the arena and she is getting the hang of it for the most part. The grass was an issue again though. When near the grass when we were on the outside of the arena she kept leaving the rail to go to the grass. I didn't want to fight with her about it but I ended up doing just that and making her stick to the fence line. hmm, I wonder how I can do that better so she doesn't feel so wrong about it?
And PS Kris, I DON'T have a lot of time to ride mainly. The only time I DO have is when both kids are at school! LOL. I've been trying to do stuff with my horse in shorter bursts (less than 1 hr) which is hard. And remember, I didn't ride for about 4 years with my 2 kids so you are WAY ahead of me in that you still even get a lesson once a week! I could only dream! They gave away free lessons in the drawing for our barn Christmas party. I was hoping I would get one! Nope, got a hat. :) Oh well guess it wasn't meant to be!


No comments: