New Barn and visiting Kira

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random sessions

As per Carol Coppinger's instructions we've been focusing on games 1, 2, and 3. The basics. We've also been doing "touch it" a lot. Especially with the trailer, and the ramp of the trailer. The first time we did it for the trailer and then moved onto something else, Duck spent the next 5 minutes just blowing and blowing. I didn't realize HOW stressed she was even near the trailer. I haven't ridden much lately. Just yesterday, and we mostly played "touch it" while mounted, including the trailer. There was a show at the barn on Saturday so I brought Duck out for 1/2 hour to watch, graze and take in the chaos. She was a bit "up" heading down to the arena, but quickly settled right down. The loudspeaker didn't even seem to bother her, even when going closer.
I also bought an electric massager. That was fun the first day. Now she's way used to it even in her ears. Which is good. I will have to find someone w/ a real set of clippers to get her used to the louder buzzing! 
The grass is an issue right now. She wants to graze, and I want to play. She is pulling on me a bit to get to the grass and I usually end up playing "hide your hiney." which seems to work.
All in all going well. But my hopes for finishing level 2 before the changeover is pretty much dashed. Oh well more practice I guess!

No comments: