New Barn and visiting Kira

Friday, August 20, 2010

My Parellitube Submission

Ok this was WAY out of my comfort zone, but I did it anyway. The theme for August's Parellitube (Parelli's you tube channel) submission is the theme of partnership. I originally just had my hubby take the camera just so I could practice having it around on me, in preparation for my level 3 audition when we get that far. I also thought it would be nice to re-learn how to make videos and edit because it's been so long since I have done that.

Partnership is such a wonderful thing, especially between a horse and a human. We aren't hard wired to act like horses, we are predators. And this can lead to some very frustrating problems with horses. Every day problems that until I discovered Parelli seemed impossible to fix.

This is a theme that just fit Duck and I so well! We've been partners now for almost 3 years. Only the last year and a half have I been able to put more hours into the relationship. So it is slow and steady going for us.

Here are some things I love about our partnership!

I love the way my partner, Duck comes to meet me at the gate EVERY single time I come to see her. I know it is a small thing but how many times have you seen horses run away from being caught?

I love that instead of having an instructor yell at me to use my legs/hands/seat in a certain way, that I KNOW how and why I am using them, not just because the instructor said so! And how to build more on using subtle aids.

I have always wanted to ride bareback and bridle less, since WAY before Parelli. I just couldn't figure out how to get there!

I love that I feel safe enough to put my kids up on Duck. I will say that even a year ago I didn't. She was still quite spooky at foreign things. But with all the progress and relationship building we have done through PNH it just keeps getting better every day!


I don't expect to be chosen for the submission and that is OK with me. It was more than outside my comfort zone for me to submit it and put it up here, too. I did find out that I get a copy of the UK celebration DVD for submitting it which is fantastic!

Guess what horsenality I am?

So drumroll please.....




I think it turned out pretty good! What do you think?

And here is my out takes video. I had about 30 minutes of footage, not everything would fit onto the limit of 3 minutes of video plus some funny stuff.



Funny, isn't it? :)

3 comments:

Gilbert Family said...

I don't know anything about Parelli but I loved your videos! You can tell that you two are great friends and it was very entertaining to watch your outtakes :)

Sadie said...

hi lisa!
wow, your videos are brilliant! the first one made me cry and the second one made me laugh!
well done, you guys are amazing! :)

sadie

Parelli Central said...

High five on your video! Great relationship and fun to watch, too.

Petra Christensen
Parelli 1Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central