New Barn and visiting Kira

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Parade of Barns - Parelli Demo





So yesterday my friend Mariah and I did a Parelli Demonstration for the 1st Annual Parade of Barns. The Parade of barns is a showcase of the area's local barns, and I believe there were eight barns involved. Each barn had different demonstrations and things going on. It all ended with appetizers, a silent auction and a tour of Hinds' Feet Farm. Hinds' Feet farm is a special riding center for those that have suffered and are recovering from brain injuries.

Our Demo was at 1pm and Mariah and her family came at about 11:30am. We tacked up and warmed up and even switched horses for awhile! Then we headed to the lower arena to do our Demo. I felt like it went pretty well. We explained the 7 games, some of the patterns, the levels system and some horsenality as well. We demonstrated on the ground and then in the saddle.


Mariah let me try out her Natural performer saddle as well. Her back straps were just as long as the ones on my saddle and this time Duck wasn't scared, she just was a bit mad about that saddle. Grumpy attitude for some reason! But at least she wasn't scared! And oh how I dream of getting a saddle someday like that! But right now I'd settle for even having a saddle that fits my behind!

All in all it was a great time and wonderful experience! So much fun to be able to share what I love to do with horses with others. It was so much fun to play with Duck and good experience for her too! She even got on the pedestal while I was riding her and she's only ever even seen on once in Illinois right before I moved!




No comments: