New Barn and visiting Kira

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Charlotte Jumper Classic

Niels and I had the chance to go to the Charlotte Jumper Classic on Friday night. We went to the opening classes. We saw the Junior (under 18) age group and then an open class. WOW! Those are some REALLY high fences! Over 5 ft or more! I can't imagine having done courses like that when I was under 18! I was lucky to do a 3ft course, and that felt high to me!

The second class which was the welcome class for the international competition had names such as Beezy Madden, Rodrigo Pessoa and Chris Kappler. Almost all the horses were Warmbloods, except 1! There was an American bred Thoroughbred and guess who won against all those European sport horses? Yep, that guy took the class! I was impressed!

All I can say is WAY better than dinner and a movie! Way fun date night!



2 comments:

Karissa said...

So much fun!! I am jealous. I loved watching the horses in vegas jump for the world finals, its amazing. I am glad you were so dang close to!! Cool

Amanda said...

yeah all i can say is every year we go to the chagrin valley hunter jumper classic its a blast. We have friends who are big sponsors so that ='s free tickets to the big day and free food who can complain for a day out with horses lol :)