New Barn and visiting Kira

Monday, October 20, 2008

Exuberance!

Wow! Today I was running tons of errands so I only ended up with a 1/2 hour to play with Duck. I was originally going to go down to the arena because when I play with her near the grass usually it becomes a grass war! But today was different. We are still playing with the circling game and gait purity. Today in the grass she trotted 4 circles without stopping once for grass (or any other reason)! Last time we played I just kept asking her politely to go when she would stop for grass but it didn't seem to successful at the time!
Then when I went to send her to the right I pointed my finger and she left, fast! At a canter and held the canter for 2 laps! I decided not to try and slow her down because she seemed happy! She bucked on the line and just had that early morning frisky horse thing going on. Was it the weather? I don't know but in the past when I have asked for a canter she'll do it but not without literally dragging me on the end of the 22ft line. Not today. There was just a bit of slack in the line and she wasn't pulling on me at all! A first for us. Now is that more confidence or just a fluke? Time will tell. Of course right now everything else we've done is broken but our circle is decent now. Now if I can just add in the transitions. Talk about time pressure. 2 tasks and basically 2 months. That shouldn't be that big of a deal but it still feels like a mountain to cross. Here's to trying but if it doesn't happen we won't be any worse off we'll just learn even more hopefully by submitting the new way come January. It is my own ego I think. I just want to pass level 2 because everyone else has! :)

No comments: